Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I didn't get that impression

You may not get that impression as that comment you cite comes from Jeff van Driel and not Klaus Heymann whose comments I specifically refer to.

And yet, I still did having read the entire story. And followed the link with more about Heymann himself. Did you read that one, too? :)

BTW, I don't find any comments by Heymann that refute what the president of ArchivMusic said. If anything, other comments he made support my observations:

"Anything where you sell less than 1000 copies does not really recoup the investment of manufacturing, booklets, all that. So if sales continue to drop, and more titles reach that point where you cannot sell at least 1000 or 1500, then it's going to be digital and CD on demand...

I think what will probably happen is that, increasingly, we will release only new recordings digitally [downloads]. And we're moving towards manufacturing on demand for those digital-only recordings. We just bought the on-demand manufacturing facility of ArkivMusic, and that will be shifted to Nashville.

Right now, digital only is about 25% of all our releases. I think, over the next two or three years, it will probably move to 50%.

I'm not worried [about classical music] because, look: The classical record business in the United States is about a $100-million-a-year business."

Nor am I.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I didn't get that impression - E-Stat 06:44:21 02/10/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.