Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Ifi Audio Mirco iUSB 3.0 vs Intona USB Isolator

el34eh@yahoo.com asked- " I'm wondering if any of you can break it down sonically for me what to expect from either of these two units?"

During the many months that I spent in search of answers to my own questions about how the Intona (JCAT) USB Isolator might perform in my own audio system one of the landmark descriptions that I came across was from a fellow who placed an Intona between his Uptone Audio LPS powered USB card and his galvanically isolated Berkeley Alpha USB and these were his exact comments:

"A concomitant improvement in the sound quality: improved clarity from top to bottom, resolution, soundstage depth, dynamics, decay, separation of instruments, more full bodied voices, and more accurate timbers; in short, a more realistic and engaging presentation."

Comments like these eventually convinced me that the Intona would probably work well with my Mac mini. Soon after the aluminum encased JCAT iteration of the Intona industrial USB Isolator was introduced this last August I ordered one and the sonic improvements very closely paralleled those stated above which easily succeeded in surpassing all of my expectations. The fact that I didn't need to add yet another LPS in order to get this stunning level of results made the JCAT USB Isolator the perfect solution for transforming what I eventually came to discover was my mediocre sounding Mac mini into an extraordinarily better sounding music player.

Edits: 02/06/17 02/06/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.