Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Any Classical Lovers Using Roon?

"What JR MC version are you using?

MC 21. I also have mc 22 installed but I usually wait until JRiver finishes development of a version before I use it for real. The screenshot was taken years ago when I was using an earlier version of JRiver.

"I have 22 which doesn't resemble your GUI but perhaps there is a skin that does?"

The skin is called iTunes. I added a stop button.

The view shown is a panes view. Each pane initially lists the values of one tag. When you click on a value for a tag like Sub_genre, the other panes are updated to show only the tags that occur in files that have the value you selected (for Sub_genre for example.) You can select values for panes in any order. The list of files in the lower part of the window are those that meet all the selection criteria you have chosen in the panes above.

"Anyway I will have a play around with it tomorrow although most of my interfacing with JR MC is via Gizmo but I don't think that is customisable."

You can define views specifically for Gizmo (and the other Android devices) in Tools/Options/Media Network/Advanced. Click on "Customize views for...".

When you start Gizmo, you should see a list of the views you have created displayed.

You can also use any of the views you create in Standard view. When I start Gizmo, I see the word "Audio" as the first in the list of views. I don't remember when it is in that list by default or whether I added Audio in the "Customize view dialog. in Gizmo. When I tab the symbol above "Audio", I see a list of the views I crewwated in standard view.

Of course, Gizmo can't display the panes view as on the screenshot. Not enough screen space on a tablet or smartphone. So it displays lists one at a time.

There is a lot of very useful functionality in JRiver. Don't assume that what you see by default is all there is.

my blog: http://carsmusicandnature.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Any Classical Lovers Using Roon? - Old Listener 11:48:40 02/02/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.