Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I personally would avoid dynamic programme that alter the OS as it runs audio or anything else.

Yup. It is ironic that so many folks spend tons of money in "damaging" their audio systems by activating rather than deactivating or at least reducing unneeded activity. And randomness is even worse.

Sure, some of the best-sounding systems are so minimalist that it is actually hard to keep them as easy to use as one wished. Still, I keep a dedicated (XP "bareboned/optimized") audio PC that is isolated from the world. Furthermore, when I want it doing its best, I manually defeat most "services" after bootup. It is several minutes of work after a bootup...but then I can listen for many hours. A musician friend of mine once laughed until we compared, using 3 DACs and 2 other PC's (Win7/10). In good spirit, he then said that his own Teac USB DAC wanted to buy my "scruffy PC" :))

Naturally, most folks need a higher level of convenience than what is consistent with the best sound. Then, many just throw money in and...we are expected to believe that solves the issue as easily...

Edits: 01/18/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I personally would avoid dynamic programme that alter the OS as it runs audio or anything else. - JBen 10:30:03 01/18/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.