Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: What's your next "digital" purchase for audio ?

You asked Cut-Throat but I'll answer too.

I have a single 6TB WD Red hard drive in my QNAP NAS. I leave a 6 TB WD USB drive connected to the NAS.

Every evening, a scheduled task running robocopy on my NUC does a differential backup to the internal drive on the NAS. An hour later, a similar task does a backup from my wife's NUC to the NAS. A couple of hours later, a scheduled task on the NAS does a backup to the attached USB drive.

Periodically, I swap USB backup drives with a neighbor who keeps an offsite copy for me.

When the internal drive on the NAS gets closer to being full, I'll change the scheduled tasks to do backups from our NUCs directly to the USB drive on the NAS. That will free up some space but won't buy a lot of time.

I have USB thumb drives loaded with recovery images for the NUCs and a laptop. I also have full drive C: image backups for those drives.

my blog: http://carsmusicandnature.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What's your next "digital" purchase for audio ? - Old Listener 09:45:33 01/18/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.