Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Is highend audio evil science?

>> And "value" is relative. If you think the very costly stuff is overpriced, don't buy it! Simple.

BINGO! Give that man a cigar. Just as with artwork, designer clothing, cars, food, and pretty much every other item that exists, different people have an endless list of reasons (or excuses/justifications) to buy what they buy.

For really expensive stuff, status and exclusivity are big factors, but ones to which many people don't want to admit, even to themselves. So they often invent other reasons that sound more acceptable.

The other thing to consider is there is rarely just ONE factor that drives a decision to purchase expensive equipment. There may well be differences in quality, longevity, warranty, appearance, and who knows, even sound quality! The mix of factors is going to be unique to each buyer.

As long as fraud on the part of the seller is not involved and the buyer isn't messing up other people's lives (like leaving his kids shoeless), it really doesn't bother me that wildly expensive gear is out there.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Is highend audio evil science? - mlsstl 14:03:24 01/16/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.