Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Music server questions from a Re-Nubified CA user . . .

"With that background, is the Mac Mini with Pure Music still considered a state-of-the-art dedicated music server in its current iteration?"

Are you trying to start world war 3? :)

The problem will be in finding consensus on what is considered state of the art now and in the past.

These raspberry pies and micro rendfus feeding your usb dac seems all the rage around here these days.

I know you said you aren't very interested in new tech but if some of it were to offer steps forward in terms of what current trends in state of the art can provide....it might be unwise to ignore it. Time will tell.

The new ethernet stuff looks really interesting to me. Ever since USB dacs started getting popular, and users are trying to share an audio signal ground with a PC is when all hell broke loose. In my opinion we can't get away from usb fast enough. Even the micro rendus stacked on everything else in the universe is apparently still not enough judging by the user posts on this forum. I used to think maybe all the usb stuff would be solved with some good isolators/filters but it sure has become a persistent pain in the neck immune to quite a bit of apparent engineering effort.

Maybe the near future is when we discover ethernet audio is the next big nightmare, maybe not.

I think one of those Merging NADAC's would be pretty bitchen to play around with.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.