Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: :-) and a note to Abe.

Bit-perfect digital output sent to a good DAC

What's a "good DAC"? My experience is that the analog stage is more responsible for the audible results than the digital front end.

Or using a linear power supply for the Rendu would change the output of a good DAC...

A good linear improves the quality of any renderer. I first noticed that with a Touch years ago. Proof? Are you deaf?

I'm not particularly interested in debating without actual evidence.

Which is why most of us will continue to ignore your superficial measurements and *conclusions*.

Yet to see any manufacturer, professional audiophile writer, hobbyist actually take on and show me objectively that I am wrong.

Most are just smiling, shaking their heads and couldn't care less about your blog. Some here, however, have tried to engage you in a helpful way and explain why the resolution of your test gear (and scientific process) are insufficient to provide useful results. Speaking of which, have you updated the control panel for your PI to the latest version and optimized the unit as soundchekk suggested?

BTW, why do you call yourself the Faerie Sorcerer - especially since that character is "continually engaged in deceitful magics"?

Edits: 01/14/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: :-) and a note to Abe. - E-Stat 06:22:45 01/14/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.