Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Looking for measurements about audio improvement with Rasberry Pi 3 CRAAP config

I read archimago's measurements about Rasberry Pi 3 today here.

http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2017/01/measurements-raspberry-pi-3-as-usb.html

I'm surprised about his later paragraphs about CRAAP config. He said optimizing OS with CRAAP config like get better sound like this.

Lower clock speed --> less power use --> less CPU noise --> better sound!
Better aligned clock speeds --> less random & periodic jitter --> better sound!
Less power use --> less strain on power supply --> less noise & jitter (cuz it's like that) --> better sound!

He also mentioned about better sound with streaming audio too in this line.

for audio streaming, it's still just as responsive (while sounding better of course!).

I tried to look for measurements between default config and CRAAP config in his website but couldn't find any measurements or scientific explanation to from him. Here's the reasons for his explanation.

And of course it'll sound better due to all the above reasons reducing noise and jitter! (Cuz it's like that...)

Not that I disagree and I know these aren't his comments. But the fact he put it on his website means he agreed to put it on at least. Coming from archimago, I expect showing measurements between using and not using CRAAP configuration like other tests he's been doing so far but I didn't see one this time. What do guys think about CRAAP config for Rasberry Pi 3?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Looking for measurements about audio improvement with Rasberry Pi 3 CRAAP config - Windows X 07:16:57 01/13/17 (29)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.