Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Raspberry Pi 3 as USB audio streamer - some audiophile settings to try...

I've always speculated that systems with the biggest emi problems benefit the most from these tweaks aimed at reducing emi. Those systems with very small emi problems will achieve relatively fewer appreciable benefits I'd guess.

You have apparently been able to achieve fairly heroicly low levels of emi in your various loopback configurations considering at least part of the analog chain is single ended circuitry, ie the forte aaand you are apparently hooked to a pc somehow via usb in order to run RMAA...

Your capture systems decent apparent emi performance may be why you couldn't measure or hear much of a difference from these kinds of tweaks if that is indeed the case.

In other words, I'm wondering if your system may be too high performance at rejecting emi to really show why these tweaks may be so valuable in some systems.

You could possibly test my theory by trying to replicate the emi vulnerability extremes and rerun so called emi tweak tests.

1. You'd need an "ideal" test system. Perhaps your existing system is already good enough for this. Ensure optimal emi hardening via proper grounding, etc. I'd suggest you could possibly be able to achieve even better emi results than you are getting now with a fully balanced analog signal path in your loopback.

2. create a "worst" case system to test. Easy. Get some single ended gear and throw in some massive ground loops.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.