Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: "iTunes has a much easier library manager"

I haven't noticed the loss of manually input metadata in my iTunes library but I have to admit that I haven't used iTunes a lot since playing with Roon. The cool thing with Roon was that it discovered my iTunes library with no user intervention at all and built it's own database to manage. I believe it also pulls in a lot of metadata from it's own service over the internet. For example, missing album art in my iTunes library magically appears in Roon. ;-)

I read a recent stat that mostly agrees with what you said about Mac revenue being fairly small in the grand scheme of things for Apple, but I also read (and have a chart somewhere) that shows MacBook Pro sales far exceeding other laptops in the past few quarters. But, laptop sales are probably a fraction of what we see for smartphones and tablets these days across the board.

I'm happy with my 13" 2012 MacBook Pro. My wife has a newer 2015. We see no reason to upgrade at the moment as they both work perfectly, like the day we bought them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.