Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

"iTunes has a much easier library manager"

I agree. BUT. . . I've done a lot of "manual overrides" to the metadata of my music files, and, every so often, an upgrade to iTunes or the Mac OS itself will result in the loss of many of these overrides. It's as if the system and/or iTunes has some kind of distant memory of the old (unedited) metadata, and certain upgrades will cause the metadata to revert back to its old (unedited) form. I'm still digging out from the latest iTunes upgrade (where iTunes can no longer find my files on certain albums and I have to lead it by the hand to show where they are), and it's getting VERY frustrating. :-(

Just in the last couple of days, Bloomberg (I think) had an article about how the Mac has become the ugly step-sister over at Apple, with some engineers being pulled off Mac projects to work on iPhone projects, etc., and other engineers resigning and moving to other companies because they see that Apple no longer seems excited about investing their money in a platform which now brings in only about 10% of their profits. Very sad for those of us with Mac histories going back to the mid-80's and who stuck with Apple even during the darkest days of the 90's.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.