Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Stick with Audirvana or migrate to...... ????

Hello Andy,

As I'm somewhat new to the whole CA concept, as I've only been doing it since last March, yet having gone through JRiver | Decibel | A+ as tied to my Mac Mini ( 2012 vintage ) which had been optimized for an audio only unit, I tend to view the JRiver software for Mac as an afterthought, and whereas the actual owner of A+ does in fact use a Mac Mini as opposed to some sort of more expensive dedicated Music Server says a lot from where I sit, and then seeming that A+ was created with Mac in mind from the start, well let's just say I'm riding it out as I find in " my system " it's more transparent and organically balanced then said version of JRiver, as well as HQPLAYER.

On the Roon side of things, I've yet to sample......., as I'm not quite sold upon having to be forced to use a NAS, especially having invested in a couple of 1 TB ScanDisk SSD units.

But once again, other then the fact the designer of A+ is still working out a few issues on integrating a means of converting from PCM to DSD on the fly, that doesn't put to much of a load on the Mini's CPU as the current version does, sonically..........., I find it's a simply wonderful sounding audio software program that should only get better in time.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.