Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

(please grow up) Your straw man

""Does it use a motherboard or not?""

A motherboard does not necessarily a PC make.

& a motherboard is not the only component that makes a "dedicated" audiophile product. Would you like me to define that? But, - you can pretend to not know, but everyone here knows that you are yourself are building your own linear power supply, - taking some step(s) toward a dedicated audio product.

""Is it one of the standard PC form factors?""

Of course it isn't and you know it is. A rasberry Pi is not: nor is a squeezebox. The only one that it might be in this group of five is the Auriliti.

Again, if it can't function as a PC, is only used for one of the things that a PC is designed to do, (and vastly improves on that), then it can't be called a PC, - even if the mainboard was remotely similar in some limited aspects.

How does calling my responses to you qualify as going "ballistic." Because I am calling you out on being wrong, and you can't admit it, your are deflecting the subject away from the subject?

"We've uncovered and discussed many such products here in the Asylum."

That is simply not true. Cite 1.

""Does their website specifically say?""
You trust everything I write as being the absolute truth? right? (LOL)
Does Oppo's, Does Logitech's? Interesting how Oppo, Logitech, Sonos, and MSB are not called PCs either. I guess that everything with a mainboard & a NIC card is a PC? I think that I call it an amplifier: since we're being arbitrary... LOL.

""My point is that many 'audiophools' somehow think that these 'dedicated' audio devices are somehow special when in fact many of them DO use standard off the shelf motherboards.""

Who are you calling an audiophool? Please be specific. I don't know what you mean by "special," but even if they did use standard off the "shelf motherboards" the other components surrounding the motherboards make them vastly better than PCs, and are very important to SQ: especially when taken together. (Do you need me to list them, or are you forgetting about what you're doing to make your own MAC, - not a MAC: i have a feeling that I'll be waiting forever for an answer to that one).

Cherry pick time, oh: why don't you accuse me of being hysterical too, that will provide another cover to not addressing the issue at hand.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.