Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Sonore - nt

Light on details? Are you serious??? They provide more detail about the Rendu models than most manufacturers provide for 6 figure components.

"What makes the Rendu different from a computer music servers is that it's a purpose built audiophile device. The problem with computer music servers is that they all rely on mass produced mother boards designed for general purpose computing and are built to the lowest possible price point. The Rendu solves this problem by removing the consumer grade computer peripherals and switching mode power supply from the equation. The Rendu's main board has been specifically built for processing audio signals perfectly."

Of course there is no way they can fabricate their own motherboards in small quantities. You know this. However, just like companies who make very expensive speakers don't use off the shelf tweeters, they have them made to very high tolerances to their specific specifications, and are not available to others as a commercial product. Same applies here I bet.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.