Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Linear Power Supply or Battery on Mac Mini - pics

I mostly agree with you. But as I mentioned to fmak (who can't seem to understand), my measurements are part of a preliminary functional test, i.e. does it appear within reason and does it work?

It's true, for differential noise measurements like this you definitely have to measure right at the load to get a realistic idea of what is truly going on where it counts. Measuring upstream of the filtering will tell you very little about the power quality as seen by the load.

Absolutely! With hundreds of individual 'load points' (Vcc pins) to test within the computer, and the thousands of variables which can affect the results, we can only assume that the power at each 'load point' is sufficient for proper operation.

On a larger scale, I don't own a high-end spectrum analyzer to view the end result at the output of the external DAC or power amp. There are very few here who do. At least one manufacturer has posted a screen shot from an Audio Precision analyzer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.