Computer Audio Asylum

Thanks for the clarifications Tony

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Computer Audio Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I agree that what Presto suggests should be legal, and would clearly be ethical and moral. As would be the hypotheticals that you give, because no one is both keeping an original and selling a copy, or keeping a copy and selling an original, under his or your hypotheticals. The guy on audition does not fall within these hypos though.

From a policy standpoint, I agree with a lot, but not all, of the rest of you post. That's probably a discussion from another day, but I certainly agree that patents are routinely abused, especially in the software area where copyright was the traditional protection. Just look at patent troll companies like Innovations Ventures, which is anything but a promoter of innovation.

Outside of software/IT/internet, I think patents tend to play a more valid and vital role in ensuring fair profit for inventors, but of course not always.
___
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."

Follow Ups: