Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: The Audioquest DragonFly has been previously discussed in this and other forums.

Hi,

I currently have the dragonfly on trial. I've tried hooking it up to my Squeezebox Touch, using Triode's Digital Output option. I was hoping for the touch being able to control the volume of the Dragonfly, but this does not seem to happen. This is how I figure that out:

* Full volume setting on the SBT, Dragonfly has notably softer output than my DacMagic connected to the SBT (or the analog output from my TV for that matter). We are talking 50% softer here - my pre-amp volume knob moves from 9->12, to match volume.
* Connecting headphones directly to the output of the Dragon fly:
-PC: Volume control at between 5% and 15% is plenty loud, depending on the track.
-SBT: Volume control at 20%, you can hardly hear anything.

I'm not using a USB hub and I don't know if that would make a difference.

Does anyone know if the SBT is supposed to be able to control the volume control of the Dragonfly? If so, how to make if work?

Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The Audioquest DragonFly has been previously discussed in this and other forums. - Rig_Vader 00:28:17 01/18/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.