Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

It seems

that you are just starting on a journey that some of us started 10 years and more back with digital audio in its many forms. We have learnt to keep open minds simply because cause and effect cannot be established with proper theoretical understanding in some matters in audio.

I have the equipment to measure, the theoretical knowledge in acoustics, measurement and control, and the interest to pursue the hobby of audio, and have done those things that you talk about with many high end dacs, players and computers. I therefore have felt it unnecessary to answer the kinds of questions you pose to which there are no real answers.

I have come to the firm conclusion that the kind of conviction that you promote as the starting point is pretty useless in terms of getting the best sound from a system. A simple example is cabling for which we can speculate on cause and effect, but that is all. Some talk about metallurgy, others dielectric, others geometry but if you start with the conviction that cables don't matter and not allow yourself to try them out, then you will never get the best balance of components in your system.

Note: I posted this in response but soemhow the text apeared in response to my own post as can be seen below.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.