Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: foolishness ??

I was one of those who called the pricing "foolish". It was not necessary to compare $1000 with some subjective amount of "pleasure". I considered it foolish because inevitably the price would come down and/or a competitor would appear that would have an inexpensive product that provided similar or greater pleasure. And furthermore, this would happen soon, not the situation where one might spend thousands on a computer which gradually becomes obsolete over several years. In reaching my conclusion I also looked at what I had paid for audio software that cost roughly the same (or less) than the original price of Amarra. These programs contained an excellent sounding player as well as considerable additional functionality (e.g. iZotope RX Advanced). I also considered the availability of free player software for PCs that performed well (e.g. cPlay).

My comments are not directed at those inmates who think nothing about blowing $1000 on a night's pleasure. However, were I to find myself in such a situation I can think of ways to blow this money that would provide more pleasure.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: foolishness ?? - Tony Lauck 07:03:50 07/21/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.