Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Migrating from Windows to itunes/pure vinyl

I currently use a windows-based pc to play ripped .wav files through my stereo, using Izotope RX and a Fireface 400 DAC. I bought a new Mac mini, and plan to migrate the whole system to iTunes, using the Pure Vinyl software. I have about 1500 music files organized within folders in the windows directory system. For example, the Rock folder has subfolders titled "A-F," "G-M", etc. Is there anyway to duplicate this simple hierarchy structure within itunes? Unfortunately, my files have no tagging --- I just took advantage of the fact that windows directories alphabetizes the list, and named my files accordingly. If there is a category lower than itunes newbie, I am in it. Any help will be appreciated. Related question: my current library is on an external hard drive ( a Drobo, actually) and I don't want to be duplicating files within any itunes music/media folder. I understand I can choose that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Migrating from Windows to itunes/pure vinyl - DavidZ 07:00:23 07/19/12 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.