Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Follow up on Leopard

I am still using Snow Leopard also, although I have to use Windows for all my CAD programs. I am very happy with SL. The change to Lion eliminated the possibility of running in integer mode, which I had found to improve the sound. However most people said that Lion in non-integer sounded better than Snow Leopard in integer.

Now Audinirvana allows Lion to operate in integer mode. This apparently offers the best sound available from a Mac at this time. But Mountain Lion is coming soon, and all bets are off at that point. It could sound better, id could sound worse, it may or may not work with Audinirvana in integer mode, and on and on...

And for what it is worth, I also remember that certain models of Mac were susceptible to the "popping" problem. It was strange as Apple generally uses high-performance hardware for things like the USB peripherals. But some people including our sales manager at the time, Steve Silberman, had popping problems that we could never solve. Other Macs. like the Mini early 2009 version never had a single pop. You may have one of the machines that is immune to the problem.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Follow up on Leopard - Charles Hansen 23:34:05 07/11/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.