Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Leave us alone

"Really I don't get it... go back to to the SB and leave us alone."

That would be something. Right!?!?

Thx for letting us know your emotional side. That tells me a lot.

I also appreciate that you let us know that you were the "mastermind"
behind the product. Suddenly all this starts making sense.

"Poor" Mercman plays again a role in that marketing game. (Obviously he is not realizeing this - it's not his intention to do your marketing)

Now you want me "to leave you (us) alone". Hmmh. What's going on here!??!

"Maybe you can share your vast knowledge about digital design.."

For this kind of disussion my knowledge is more than sufficiant.
And I can tell you I wouldn't have accepted your solution, if I'd
been in charge.

Look. You probably pretty much copy/pasted your latest stuff into that product. Most of the building blocks do show your already known design philosophy.
By doing so you ended up with certain - IMO not-state-of-the-art compromises, featurewise. Going this way meant less effort and licensing fees on your side and less design effort on the Audioquest side. That's nothing unusual in todays audio world. Lot's of audio manufactureres buy-in knowledge.

You guys explained why you've taken those feature decisions. That's all fair enough. However. There are alternatives even with XMOS or Tenor you name it in conjunction with different DACs then Sabre+PIC+AMP. But that's not your home turf.

You sold your concept to Audioquest and they accepted - you maybe even partnered up with them. Fair enough.

The market will tell you guys if you were right about your concept. The competiton will tell you if there are really no alternive concepts possible.

And one more word. If you guys intend to do your marketing -- ""leave us alone"" ?? -- over here, I'd strongly recommend to buy banners or open a vendor section. You better stay out of these kind of discussions. You as a manufacturrer don't have to explain anything. You got plenty of fans , who'll take your position, around here. We didn't discuss more detail (pro's and con's) then you'd find in any audio magazine review. I was pretty surprised about this allergic reaction. Obviously I stepped on someones toes.

Just to say it again. My intention was to layout my personal view
about the Dragonfly product from a feature perspective. The whole thing obviously ended up with a slight different spin to it.

Thank you.

P.S: My Squeezebox Project is free of charge and a community effort in some areas and makes - besides thousands other setups - even your high priced products sounding better!!!! ( You'll be surprised - the SBT can talk USB)

Yep. The SBT - A great product at 250$!!!!!! That's what I call value for the money.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

blog latest >> The Audio Streaming Series - tuning kit pCP

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Leave us alone - soundchekk 01:47:57 07/09/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.