Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Dude!

SC,

Next time we will invite you to the design meetings! Maybe you can share your vast knowledge about digital design :)))

Come on...

First doing the XMOS is far more expensive, second it is not compatible without drivers for Windows.

Second... What is so great about going to 192 or 384? Tell me... I want to know because those are multiples of 2. Going from 16 bits to 24 bits, now there's something to talk about.

Third... current the XMOS draws a ton more current and we already were drawing a bunch for the headphone/line driver.

This is a product designed for the world, not you! The product was designed by me but really AQ uses a team system and everyone had their say. Class 2 was never even brought up. Why... because AQ has 12,000 dealers and to support Windows alone would be horrific.

Fourth DSD... again come on... it takes both either the 9016 or 9018 dac as well as a PLD to switch the data lines and a whole bunch other stuff to make that work. Why so 3 of you can use it with DSD playback????

Really I don't get it... go back to to the SB and leave us alone.

SC, I suggest you sell or take the unit back to were you bought it. Though it does clearly say that it is a 96K capable dac and really then you have no grounds other than you bought it and expected the world for $250.

Others sorry for the rant, but this is just silly!
G.
J. Gordon Rankin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Dude! - Gordon Rankin 11:57:34 07/08/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.