Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

details please

What is it about the iPad that won't allow it to work with the Dragonfly? Shouldn't the Dragonfly show up as a USB audio device just like other USB DACs?

By the way, thanks for the info re: Jellybean (below). From what I've read, it looks like Jellybean will have support for USB host and USB device. And if you haven't seen it yet, there are pictures of Samsung's Galaxy S III feeding a USB DAC via its USB output. The Samsung is running ICS (4.0), not Jellybean (4.1), so USB audio should work with devices running or scheduled for ICS upgrades. That, of course, means that the manufacturer needs to enable USB audio when they write their device code (stock 4.0 won't auto-enable USB audio -- the manufacturer must add it to the build).

Hopefully Toshiba is working on a Jellybean update for their THRiVE and will bypass the yet-to-be-delivered Ice Cream Sandwhich which they have pushed back to Q3/Q4 2012 or they will at least add USB audio to their ICS build.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.