Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Ho

. . . that comment about Isaac Newton caused me to have a look at his history

But not, sadly, at a worthwhile version of it. Though some of it is a bit silly, even the Wiki entry is way better than that nonsense from "Spooks".

Note that for every scientist or artist who ever slammed down a phone or fmak'd a colleague in a fit of petulance, there seems to be a psychologist on hand to claim that he or she had Asperger's Syndrome. (That's not to disparage Baron-Cohen's work on autism BTW.) I agree with you that, were it true in Newton's case, it would probably be the only trait he had in common with some on this forum.

More significantly, as one of the very finest scientists and mathematicians in history and as an innovative designer in optics, he would not have felt at all at ease on a forum such as this. He would I suspect have been baffled at best by the philistinism of many "audiophiles" when it comes to the disciplined investigation and measurement of phenomena they discuss at inordinate length and have scuttled quickly back to his alchemy texts.

Edits: 07/02/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ho - Ryelands 00:57:17 07/02/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.