Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Missing Audio Files in iTunes Question

When these files are 'missing' is the a little symbol in the column left of the song title? If so the link to the files is broken. Highlight that file and Get Info. On the Summary tab it should show you where this file is located and more than likely it is in another location from your main iTunes library.

I can't replicate this so I cannot because I don't have any missing files but I believe an option to 'Locate' the file is given and once you traced the path it will add to the iTunes library proper path. It should also,ask it you wish to locate other 'lost' files and it will seek others in that path. I believe you need 'Keep iTunes Library Organized' checked in preferences. Some users do not like to do this because they have their own organizational methods other than the default iTunes organization method.

In the end if all else fails but you found the missing file location just drag them onto your desktop onto the iTunes icon and they will be added back in the proper location.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.