Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Good Point....

What is the "purity" of the system that you elude to? If you can tell me this, you deserve the Nobel Prize.

Let's look at an example. Take you new Wadia DAC and place it in an oak platform. Now place it on a glass shelf. Change again to an MDF platform. Or place it on a stand made of bricks. In each case the DAC will sould slightly different.

Where can I find the purity?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You make a good point about finding purity. However its not as black-n-white as you propose. Purity is gained by leaving things in their natural setting as much as possible.

In the case of a Dac or component you might gain purity by systematically removing external effects. So if I use wood, glass, stone etc to tune the sound then its not for purity. However if my purpose is to remove external influences on the Dac then the motive is purity. Is your purpose to tune or to remove? Keep in mind that many times removing does not produce the better sound.

Times when removing does not produce a better sound we often 'tune' then if tuning does not work we replace.

Please make sure you spell Dynobot with all caps....:-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.