Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: My son has.

Hi Bill,

Not sure why you are so sensitive lately. At least that is what it looks like with all kind of "put downs" mentioned in a few threads.

I dont think it is a put down if something is true.

You really think most it guys get digital audio or the analog component of it? The ones I know like my friend who just got some microsoft certification, cant seem to see past the bits is bits mentality.

And at least my friend when it would come to building a computer (I can say the same about Scrith too) would build some screaming over clocked gamers rig with tons of memory and a power hungry video card and tons of fans.

Either way it is not the best mentality for audio IMHO.

Sorry if I offended but I think most of the people I am thinking of would take the "bits is bits" characterization as a complement and proof of their understanding of the subject...and that is the problem AFAIAC.

Let me try another tack. I have a few friends that were putting in a tv and mounting it on the wall as part of a remodel. The electrician in each of the 3 instances (all different electricians) ran coax to the tv location. Of course all my friends were using comcast boxes but the electricians for what ever reason had no idea about the boxes and should have pulled the coax to the box location and hdmi cables to the tv location.

So now if I have any friends tell me that the electrician will be pre-wiring I would reply with "electricians are the worst to prewire..."

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My son has. - Dawnrazor 21:46:36 06/14/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.