Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

It's a valid question for us..

simple people. Not all or many of us have a tech background or interest, but like (love) our audio systems. Me; I'm dumber than a post when it comes to reading these descriptions of these audio engines, despite trying to 'educate' myself (and having 3 graduate degrees).

bwb was kind enough to copy the info/advertisement from Channel D but " dithered volume? firefly metering? invert polarity/phase? (ok, I looked that one up and can recite the definition, but what does it mean coming out of my speakers), hog mode exclusive? nonmixable integer mode? etc. etc.

You see, lots of us would like to move into the digital arena but are stymied by the esoteric gibberish thrown around by the manufacturers, dealers, and some of the members of the same forums we join and read to enhance our enjoyment of our hobby. Yeah, it's easy to say " Go educate yourself" but the act of doing so is often not as straightforward as one would like.

So, thanks, Abe, and others, for dumbing down to our level. I speak 5 languages fluently (not counting profane) but stumble around in 'audiophilia'. Keep coming down to our level and we'll catch on, eventually.

"I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four." J. Mcarthey

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.