Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: No more dongle! Oh Yay....... yawn

The dongle was the FIRST reason I never tried Amarra. Using a physical key is such an old school and inconvenient way to protect software.

Strike one: No way was I going to buy Amarra with their archaic and inconvenient protection scheme.

Strike two: They were way over priced compared to friendlier competitive offerings.

Strike three: When they had a show special at the last RMAF I visited their room with cash in hand. They were too busy yacking it up with some tire kickers and the one Amarra guy who was available to take my money had no clue how to proceed with the transaction. I left the room. If you're going to have a "show special" at least be prepared to take my money!

Strike three & a half: They're still pricey compared to the competition but it's good to see they came down just a bit on price.

I might give the Amarra download a try but in the mean time I've already purchased from one of their competitors and have been very happy with the results so far. Amarra: a missed market opportunity while their competitor got it right!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.