Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: My experience with cloud music library storage/backup

I don't think the upload speed would vary that much as it appears to be a function of ones router, internet connection, pathway to their server, etc. I have found in both my locations that the upload speed one gets from testing at such as speedtest.net cannot be realized, nowhere near, when doing this. Some of it is limitations of one's router and who knows what else. With any of the services you set up what to upload and it goes on in the background so you can continue with your computer as always during the interminable upload. Some services do allow you at a price to send an hdd with what you want stored, which you then continue to update from there. Consequently, patience is a necessity going this route.
Price and reliabilty are first. Features do vary like how the files are stored, how they are liste and accessed, whether ftp connection is available, etc. I did a fair bit of looking and considering before going this time with Crashplan. As I mentioned, its unusual advantages are unlimited storage at a great price and the possibility of backing up network drives. I play my cMP2 with files drawn from a network drive so for me that is key. They also offer readily available and quite helpful support. (I of course have no connection to them except as customer).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My experience with cloud music library storage/backup - riboge 13:05:33 04/29/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.