Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Six Years Ago - me too

hey Tony,

There is another option. Perhaps the chef has figured out something that the master chef hasnt. Certainly novel approaches and real advancements are met with ridicule from the masters only to find out later that the masters were not so masterful and the advancements become vogue.

I think you could find many examples of this in many many fields. I see that happening here and that latest thread about PS audio is an example.

Here is an example from another area: Tennis.

Nadal's ground strokes are more powerful than his serve, but they aren't the effortless shots that most pros own. He muscles his two-handed backhand rather than gliding through it, and it often lands short, putting him in a defensive position. Nadal also hits it with an open stance—a technique considered utterly implausible until the rise of the Williams sisters—and off his back foot, which again robs him of power. And while his heavy-topspin, lefty forehand is a serious weapon, you won't find it any tennis handbook.

Nadal does it all wrong according to the masters and I am sure his explanations would be considered bogus too but he is a genius and his proof is in the pudding.

That is how I see the cmp2 project. YMMV

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Six Years Ago - me too - Dawnrazor 11:23:33 04/29/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.