Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Six Years Ago - me too

Hi Bill,

You seem to reject the idea that knowledge can be applied by people who didn't participate in the experiment that established that knowledge.

I dont. What I reject is that one can know apriori how things sound. Most of the detractors of cics approach have never listened to the actual product. Much like Tony hasnt listened to the base he dismisses.

Questioning theory is an essential part of science. Checking the logic and the math AND devising repeatable experiments that could disprove a theory are essential to science. Einstein's theories "hold" precisely because they passed those tests.

Exactly. That is why I find these posts so frustrating. What have you actually tested of cics theories? I assume you have but I dont recall seeing some test. Did I miss them? And FWIW I think the best test is to actually listen to a cmp2 box or build one. Or try the concept on existing hardware. There is little cost to this and that is what I did. (heck I'll send you extra psu if you like). I had some trouble with some of the explanations or thinking that any of the concepts would make a difference. Well in total they made a huge difference and that is why I am so emphatic about the concept. It really does sound better.

Rejecting scientific knowledge when it conflicts with belief is a characteristic of a number of popular religions. Missionary zeal (which you have in spades) is a characteristic of some religions.

See that is what I object to. What scientific knowledge am I rejecting? That some smart people are critizing the sound of something that they never tried??

The thought of inmates being able to improve their sound by some simple os tweaks and some free software is something to get excited about. But I dont deny that there may be other viable options (most religions take a my way or the highway approach) Unlike some inmates I try NOT to comment on things I havent heard.

The Belts are crazy but I dont see what it would hurt to try some of their tweaks. Geeze that stuff is free to try. And that is the crux. I cant dismiss their tweaks if I havent tried them.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.