Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Pompous

Funny how some find it difficult to give a little direction yet are more than happy to criticize ones misunderstanding.

The upside is now you've met Steve Nugent aka Audioengr. His communication has always been civil and very helpful to the unendowed like me, thanks Steve.

In my tiny bit of digital research that lead me to the Octave there was a great deal of talk about the SP/DIF Octave associated with USB converters. You should look into this yourself and keep in mind the economy of the Octave. At the time it seems there were two converters that were said to be a substantial improvement over the rest of the field, the Berkeley Audio Design Alpha and the Empirical Audio Off Ramp 4.

I'm not using USB but rather a wireless connection to a Squeezebox. Compared to what I've auditioned I'm floored by the Octaves presentation even in this less than ideal setup. Even so I'm eagerly waiting for the production of the Empirical Audio Synchromesh reclocker for possible further improvement.

Edits: 04/20/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Pompous - Vic D 10:03:19 04/19/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.