Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Preaching to the Choir

>>>>>Look, you need to understand what large companies are really like.

You worked at Intel for 16 years
I worked at Ford Design&Engineering for 21 years

Although Ford is named after a family its hardly a mom and pop business...ya think????

I know very well how large corporations work after spending more than 2 decades of my life in one...

Large corps are slow movers, big ships take time to turn. On the other hand they do have talent and they do have solid processes.

>>>>Often what happens is the really talented designers become managers too early and then the design work gets done by junior engineeers.

Perhaps at Intel but not at Ford. Talented Engineers are too valuable to move out of that position. People with less Engineering talent but more people talent get moved up and promoted. To compensate the talented Engineers get nice raises and bonuses and actually make nearly as much or just as much as the Manager. I have spent more than 20 years working with some real talented people, the likes of which I have yet to see on these boards...except for a few...

Edits: 04/12/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Preaching to the Choir - Dynobot 12:04:54 04/12/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.