Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: TI

Look, you need to understand what large companies are really like. I designed and managed design engineers for 16 years at Intel and was a design team lead on Pentium 2. I have been doing digital design for 36 years for various computer and computer peripheral companies. The number of really talented designers in this large population was actually surprisingly small. After modding Sony and Pioneer products for many years, I have a really good sense of the caliber of designers they get for consumer products.

I am not saying that the TI plots are not accurate. What I am saying is that a better cable of this length would have a more open eye-pattern. Better drivers at the transmitting end would help also. These are facts.

Big companies are not a panacea by a long shot. Often what happens is the really talented designers become managers too early and then the design work gets done by junior engineeers. This keeps design costs down and they can work them to death without complaints. Its a shame and a waste IMO. Most big companies have major difficulty with innovation and making it happen. You will notice how long we have been waiting for TI to put out another USB chip. It was XMOS who put out the latest generation, not TI. TI could have done it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.