Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

That was good satire BUT ...

Very well done but as we all know those of us who play with audio the rules are not the same as they are for other devices.

Just as the ear is far more demanding than the eye - we may think the print quality is the same but the truth could be we cannot perceive the differences so the eye isw oblivious to the very fine differences.

We are cursed with ears that are quite good, especially when "trained" through years of listening to music, and most importantly the voice, at hearing minute differences.

(I am amused that someone would be surprised that A MAC could sound bad. Oh, my, how can that be?)

I have found there is much that can be done to make a computer a good transport. When one is done the computer IS a transport since that is all it can do but it is handy having lots of stuff available in a moment from the HDD.

I cannot imagine an "off the shelf" computer making a good transport.

Saying a computer as a transport cannot make any difference is as silly as saying all transports sound the same. Of course, if they do for you then I consider you lucky since you attain satisfaction for either little money or little effort.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.