Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Poor Guy

In the Boston area there are a number of nice halls where live music can be heard, some free as in Jordan Hall at the New England Conservatory as well as a smaller recital hall. For live Jazz there is the Regatta Bar in Cambridge, where I've heard a number of first stringers over the years. Here one has to put up with some noise from clinking classes, etc., but by purchasing reserved seats it was possible to get up close to the performers and get good sound. Symphony Hall is one of the finest halls for orchestral music in the world. One wants to sit in the first 20-30 rows on the floor, or in the front center rows of the first or second balcony for the best sound. Unfortunately these are the most expensive seats.

I assume the situation is similar any many large metropolitan areas that have multiple universities.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

Edits: 03/28/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Poor Guy - Tony Lauck 09:52:58 03/28/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.