Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: HAhahahahaha I WIN!!!!

"What I care about is I want to finally find out if people can REALLY distinguish between RT kernel, low latency, i.e. strict and precise playback timing vs. regular timing. I do not care about subjective claims, they have no value for me."

You are asking for absolute truth. You are asking for the unattainable. We are all subject to the limitations of time, place and person. "Reality" is a thought projection of our minds. We each see a limited projection of reality in our mind. Our projection varies from moment to moment. This is why there is no general answer to your question.

If you get down to specific questions concerning what a particular listener hears at a single point in time, you still won't get an answer. Even if you are the experimenter and the listener so there can be no one else deceiving you there will still be no real answer. What one hears depends on the internal state of one's mind as well as external impressions on one's senses. Intentions, knowledge and experience are at least as important as sensory impressions. You may know what you heard, no doubt about that, but you won't know for sure why you heard what you heard. You will not be able to resolve causation without making a large number of assumptions.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.