Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I had a stock one.....

and sold it last fall after living with it for about a year or so.

I use a Presonus Firepod for onsite, live recordings and it serves as my outboard DAC as well. It does fine for those jobs. Originally, I purchased the DEQ for its room-matching system, found in many of the contemporary 'pro' monitor systems these days.

I was underwhelmed with that particurlar function but found the Real Time display useful while mixing down tracks.

I order to use the Compressor and Limiter functions, the audio streams had to be processed back to analog the run through the DEQ and back to digital - not worth it, IMHO. I use the software-based equivalent functions in Cubase instead.

The parametric equalizer is a bit of a pain to manage the settings with the small window it uses. Call me old-school, but I still like the old sliders in a row if I'm going to manually do equalizing. Otherwise, its back to the DAW's functions.

In the end, then, I really didn't find it that compelling. It does a whole lot of thing that I really don't need.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

David

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I had a stock one..... - doodlebug 18:30:16 03/30/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.