Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Behringer DEQ2496 Mods - Could this be a good musicserver DAC?

After a couple of months of lurking to try and get the benefit of others' experience, I am approaching pulling the trigger but my new listening room (just moved) has some serious issues and my reading has led me to the Behringer DEQ2496.

Has anyone done an "all-out mod" on a Behringer DEQ2496 (a la Reference Audio Mods or similar) and gotten fantastic results?

I am particularly interested in mods to the DAC section in order to reduce jitter and/or improve the DAC. Has anyone...
- dropped in an AKM4395 (or something else) in place of the AKM4393?
- put in more DACs? cascaded or otherwise?
- added a superclock?
- added a USB input?
- changed the input wiring to I2S?
- done a DAC to OPT bypassing the other stuff after the DAC?

I am thinking that if one could do any or all of that, one would have a pretty good DAC destination for a PC server (one with parametric equalization capability built in).

If there are reasons which make the Behringer DEQ2496 wholly unsuitable to getting very high-quality redbook output no matter what one does, I would love to hear that too.

Thanks in advance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Behringer DEQ2496 Mods - Could this be a good musicserver DAC? - travisty 16:49:08 03/30/07 (11)

You can not post to an archived thread.