Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Got back into PC Audio

After a years long hiatus, I have returned to the realm of PC audio. Back when storage was still expensive, we were forced to use mp3s. Now I'm using flac and loving it. I am streaming flac through a Roku Soundbridge M500 (one of the models that doesn't inherently upsample a 44.1 stream to 48) and the quality is superb, probably due to the good read I'm doing (I adjusted the drive offset and am using CDparanoia on a linux machine).

I love the setup, but it did take a little doing to get the roku singing, mostly due to software issues, and the fact that I'm using a linux machine (I am using "Firefly" (mt-daapd) for the streaming, and had to use a nightly release to get flac support). I'm naming the files using "EasyTag" and it's as advertised, I run it, scans my music library on startup, I close it, it applies all tags to untagged files for me. 4 clicks to autoname all files that haven't been, works for me!

Anyway, the quality is superb, the convenience can't be beat. FUN FUN FUN!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Got back into PC Audio - badman 06:38:15 03/28/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.