Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Can I ask why you use cue sheets and big wav file?

Hey Christine,

I think you are refering to a program called "Cue Splitter". I have used that and it made individual wavs...that is when I found out the cool program I was using doesn't do wavs. I must say, i never thought of encoding them in to flac. That is a good idea.

The player I am talking about has a trial available at www.mp3toys.net. I hesistate to mention, as the external player support is not yet ready for prime time, but works great if you don't use random. It is cover art based, and album based, but making playlists is super easy.

Also, I think you can help me here. See, the developer has been very responsive to what probably seems like crazy requests (since his market seems to be the mp3 18-25 year old market). The external player support works and i can't seem to make him understand what it would take to make it acceptable (not "perfect). See, he is getting wrapped up on a perfect sync between the players, which is much harder to do than what I am proposing. He has mentioned things like "what happens if the external player is paused", etc. But that kind of sync is not really needed IMHO. Desirable sure, but not necessarily needed.

See, when you select a cd or playlist in this program, it sends all the files to Foobar or winamp, so say the 10 tracks on the cd show up there. Foobar plays these files. So, when you random, the desplay is different than foobar. So in my head atleast, what it needs to do, is just load in ONE song at a time. Everytime it changes songs (wether random or non random) it just sends that song to the external player. So, as long as you don't touch the external player, it will be synced. I think this would be acceptable operation for most people. With your computer knowledge, I am sure you can help him better than I can, or tell me why I am crazy.

Anyhow, try it and you will see what I mean, why I want to use it over win amp and foobar, and why for a non computer person, it is a great solution.

The pc I am talking about is just used for playing wav files, it is not even networked. This is one reason the player is interesting. It doesn't NEED the internet continously. Once it finds the cover art, it saves a copy, and then you are set.

700 is a ton of cds, and my little 200 cd collection seems much more manageable.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.