Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Can I ask why you use cue sheets and big wav file?

Thanks for the explanation. Kind of makes sense, but I suspect you are in a fairly unique situation, as you discovered!

Incidentally, you don't need to rerip to convert your cue/wav files to flac. There's a program (I think it's called "CUE file splitter" or something) that will read a CUE file and split the big wav file into one file per track. Then you can use something like dbpoweramp to reencode those files into FLAC. And you can add cover art using a program like "Album Cover Art Downloader".

Incidentally, what is the name of that player that you discovered? Sounds interesting.

In terms of defragmentation, it depends on how you use your computer, and how often you defragment. In my case, all my music files are stored on a 1.2TB NAS (along with other files). Since multiple PCs may read or write to the NAS (at the same time), the chances of fragmentation for large files is very high. So far, I've ripped about 700 albums, probably around half my collection.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.