Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Delay and thumps with Boston Acoustics BA735 speakers

Interesting ideas, Presto. I would wonder about interference with the sound files I want to hear, as you mentioned. I just read the thread immediately below this one regarding Rogue Amoeba's Airfoil software. Adam Verver wrote:

"After a bit of experimentation, I found that Airfoil, an inexpensive software by Rogue Amoeba, that allows transmission of any audio stream from the computer, offers an elegant solution for this problem. It allows, by its default settings, for sending a stream of 'silence' when the source is not transmitting. This eliminates the need to re-synch and the loss of data at the beginning of the stream."

Boy, this is _exactly_ what I really need: software to send a stream of zeros when no source is being played. I wonder if their product would work for me as a plain sound manager application, even though I'm not using AE? I guess I can download the trial version and find out. Then my only issue might be the resource usage by a constantly running sound management application, but I bet this is a low-resource software.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.