Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Perfect copies

Jm,

Meridian is good stuff, but don't dismiss a pc based system that soon. If your meriidan has digital inputs you can have the best of both worlds. Or if you have a dac/ trans combo, then just integrate the computer as a transport.

Or you could sell the Meridian and probably have enough scratch to make a comparable PC based one. There is a poster here that has some DCS gear, and will probably disagree, but many here have ditched some notable gear for a pc.

One day, the CDp as we know it will cease to exist....

Anyhow, I don't mess with itunes that much, but what you need are .wav files, and iTunes will not rip that way. Even if you select the lossless option, you would still have to convert it from apple lossless to .wavs. Files can still be 16/ 44 and be compressed.

Perhaps your meridian will play other files, but if it is billed as a normal cdp, it is looking for cda files (which are shortcuts to the .wavs on the disk).

So follow the directions in the link and you should be able to create some identical if not better copies.

OH, you didn't say if you were a mac user or not. If you are, just disregard all this, I have no clue how to do what you want on a Mac. But there are those that do and I am sure we will hear from them if you are a mac user.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.