Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Foobar 0.8X and 0.9X - totally different animals for ASIO

Dawnrazor:

The thing to be aware of with the Thuneau Allocator/Arbitrator is that it is a VST plugin (it comes with it's own simple and very effective vst host). VST plugins apparently share resources with some video functions, and in some older PC's, sometimes video hardware acceleration needs to be reduced.

I am running a PIV 2.93GHz Hyperthreading processor and the Allocator, doing 3-way stereo with arbitrator enabled for both filter poles, uses about 15% of CPU.

I am not a big upsampling fan, but when I did use realtime upsamplers (like secret rabbit code) I found them to have occassional surges of CPU load - they seemed to run into math troubles from time to time.

The Thuneau products are nice because they accept everything from 16/44.1 to 24/96 and spit out 24bit+input_sample_rate. All this with 64bit internal processing. This crossover costs a little money for good reason...

So. How will it behave on your PC? Too many variables to tell. I would download the demo and put it through its paces.

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Foobar 0.8X and 0.9X - totally different animals for ASIO - Presto 14:13:37 02/22/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.