Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

So Thomas what digital output are you using off your Juli@?

Thomas I believe you are using the Juli@ card in your PC.

If I may ask, which connection are you using from the Juli@ to run into the Lavry? And is there any value to be had in going with any kind of exotic interconnect at this stage of the chain?

From what I can read there would not be since the signal is reclocked by the DA10 and the only issue should be avoiding passage of electrical interference from the PC into the DAC.

Finally, I have looked at the Juli@ and it does look like a nice card and a good value, but if with the Lavry all one needs to do is get bit perfect data into the DA10 and even a $25 card can do that I am wondering if I even need to go with the Juli@. I plan on having this system only for audio playback off the server (don't need recording capability etc. etc) so if I can save some money on the soundcard without sacrificing audio quality I am all for it.

Thanks and best wishes,

Dave M

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • So Thomas what digital output are you using off your Juli@? - dave in gva 05:38:00 02/20/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.