Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: As an example refer to this paper

*** Depending on your computer and USB interface it works actually quite well. ***

I would like so see some evidence of this, other than an assertion.

My understanding is the XP usbaudio.sys is a USB 1 audio class driver, and USB 1 does not support sampling rates higher than 48k.

Therefore, if a device works at 96k, it's probably not using that particular driver.

Things may be different if you also have the UAA driver loaded in your system. I believe UAA comes with an updated USB audio class driver which may well support additional features. But remember, this is NOT the original XP usbaudio.sys driver.

So basically what I would like to see is evidence that, on a computer without UAA loaded, you have attached a USB device, which can be shown to be using the usbaudio.sys driver (you should be able to show this using the Hardware Manager device properties), and you can show that it's operating in asynchronous mode, at 96kHz (I'm not sure how you can demonstrate this, but I'm all ears).

I don't mean to be intentionally skeptical, but I am finding it difficult to believe what you are saying.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.